Loading Course Schedule...
This course provides students with an overview of the process of using cross paradigm analysis and thinking as a way of developing novel insights and creative solutions. Basic concepts covered are:
- The idea of "patterns of problems and solutions" as generalizations of classes of problems and associated solutions.
- How to generalize problems and solutions to extract high level patterns.
- How to research other paradigms, business or disciplines for similar patterns.
- Copying and synthesizing patterns from multiple paradigms.
- Deriving models of solutions of methodologies from imported patterns.
It is recommended that students take "PT21869 Creative Thinking" and "PT21870 Innovation and Design Processes" prior to this course
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
This course is appropriate for everyone
- Create new concepts, models, innovations and theories to solve complex problems and meet difficult challenges.
- Develop unique approaches to deal with situations for which no known precedent exists.