Loading Course Schedule...
This course is designed to give students the tools and knowledge to customize SharePoint sites without writing code by using SharePoint Designer 2007 and in-browser customizations. The course addresses aspects of design such as applying alternate page layouts, creating and styling new pages, modifying site navigation, and external data integration and custom workflows. After taking this course students will understand the difference between using SharePoint Designer 2007 and in-browser tools including what is achievable with each tool, and how and when to use those tools to effect SharePoint site customization. The course also factors in Web site design concepts that focus on creating user-centric SharePoint sites.
Prior to taking this course, students should have a general knowledge of Web site design and methodologies. They should also be familiar with SharePoint from an end user or administrative point of view. An understanding of ASP.NET 2.0 master pages and cascading style sheets is helpful, but not required.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The primary audiences for this course are Web designers, administrators, and developers that use and work with Office SharePoint Server 2007, and want to learn how to customize SharePoint sites without writing code.
- Course Overview and Web Design Concepts
- In-Browser Customizations
- Introduction to SharePoint Designer 2007
- SharePoint Designer 2007 Environment
- Administrate SharePoint Sites with SharePoint Designer 2007
- Create SharePoint Sites with SharePoint Designer 2007
- Create and Configure Data Sources
- Data Views and Conditional Formatting
- ASP.NET Controls
- Create and Modify Master Pages
- Content Pages
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Save Sites as Templates
- In-Browser Workflows
- Create Workflows with SharePoint Designer 2007