Designed to learn how to set up scalability, redundancy and security configurations. You will learn advance features to optimize management of your app and desktop images by building and combining App Layers and Workspace Environment Management, which can improve logon times, centralize user settings management, optimize the performance of machines running the Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA). In the advanced troubleshooting section, you will learn techniques to investigate many of the common issues that can affect environment health. You’ll leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions such as multizone environments spanning multiple locations with configurations around StoreFront, the Delivery Controllers, and HDX.
- Strong foundational knowledge of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.
- Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following course: CWS-215 Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premises and in Citrix Cloud.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment or Citrix Cloud looking to expand their Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops skills to an advanced level. Potential students include administrators or engineers responsible for the Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 Site.
- Implementing Redundancy and Scalability
- Managing a Virtual Apps and Desktops Environment with Multiple Locations Zones
- Implementing Backups and Disaster Recovery
- Implementing Advanced Authentication Methods
- Improving App and Data Security
- Securing Machines Running the Virtual Delivery Agent
- Introduction to Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Access Issues
- Troubleshooting Delivery Controller Issues
- Troubleshooting VDA Registration Issues
- Troubleshooting HDX Connection Issues
- Introduction to App Layering
- Creating an OS Layer
- Creating a Platform Layer
- Creating App Layers
- Creating Elastic App and User Layers
- Deploying a Layered Image using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Exploring Layer Priority
- Maintaining an App Layering Environment
- Introduction to Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
- Using WEM for Performance Optimization
- Using WEM to Secure Environments
- Migrating and Upgrading WEM