The stakes for software security are very high, and yet many development teams deal with software security only after the code has been developed and the software is being prepared for delivery. As with any aspect of software quality, to ensure successful implementation, security and privacy issues should be managed throughout the entire software development lifecycle. This course presents an approach for dealing with security and privacy throughout the entire software development lifecycle. You will learn about vulnerabilities that undermine security, and how to identify and remediate them in your own projects. You will learn general strategies for dealing with security defects and misconfiguration, how to design software to deal with the human element in security, and how to incorporate security into all phases of development.
- Python Programming: Introduction Python Programming: Advanced
- HTML5: Content Authoring with New and Advanced Features SQL Querying: Fundamentals (Second Edition)
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for software developers, testers, and architects who design and develop software in various programming languages and platforms, including desktop, web, cloud, and mobile, and who want to improve their ability to deliver software that is of high quality, particularly regarding security and privacy. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CertNexus Cyber Secure Coder (CSC) Exam CSC-210 certification.
- Identifying the Need for Security in Your Software Projects
- Handling Vulnerabilities
- Designing for Security
- Developing Secure Code
- Implementing Common Protections
- Testing Software Security
- Maintaining Security in Deployed Software
- Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to Cyber ::Secure Coder (Exam CSC-210)