Loading Course Schedule...
This course will lead students thru the analysis process including, decision branches and security process essentials. The course will focus on the Developer/Programmer Analyst. Design to introduce students to the best practices surrounding development. The course also focuses on malware and vulnerability detection practices, service activity monitoring and DevSecOps, testing. Windows Forensic Analysis focuses on building in-depth digital forensics knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems. You cannot protect what you do not. Developers will be introduced to the utilization of Wireshark and other testing and detection tools. Students will learn how to recover, analyze, and authenticate forensic data on Windows systems, track individual user activity on your network, and organize findings for use in incident response, internal investigations, intellectual property theft inquiries, and civil or criminal litigation. You'll be able to validate security tools, enhance vulnerability assessments, identify insider threats, track hackers, and improve security policies. Whether you know it or not, Windows is silently recording an unbelievable amount of data about you and your users. The attendees will learn how to mine this mountain of data and use it to your advantage.
Before taking this course, students should have:
- Knowledge of IPv4, Ipv6 networking protocols is suggested background.
- Skills and experience with Wireshark display filtering is suggested background.
- Knowledge of Encryption
- Knowledge of Defense-In-Depth concepts
- Knowledge of Dread and Stride models
- Attending students should have a thorough understanding of Microsoft Windows.
- Jason, Python scripting abilities would be beneficial.
- CompTIA's Network+ and Security+ certifications would be beneficial but not suggested background.
- CEH Ethical Hacker will be beneficial.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for:
- Understand and follow the analysis process.
- Find Malware in Windows Systems
- Examine user activity on Windows systems.
- Conduct intrusion analysis on a web server.
- Set up and test a lab environment.
- DevOps Refresher
- Security Refresher
- DevSecOps Overview
- Risk Assessment
- Threat Modeling
- Software Composition Analysis (SCA)
- Static Application Security Testing (SAST)
- Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST)
- Log Management
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Security Requirements Testing
- Advanced Techniques: IAST, RASP, and HAST