This course provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to design a data warehouse and to populate data marts by using Data Transformation Services (DTS) in Microsoft SQL Server(tm) 2000.
Students should be familiar with Microsoft SQL Server version 7.0 or Microsoft SQL Server 2000. Students should also have knowledge of Transact-SQL usage in the development of online transaction processing (OLTP) systems, and basic understanding of programming principles (especially experience with a scripting language). Furthermore, students should possess an understanding of basic database design, administration, and implementation concepts.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for programmers and administrators.
- Using DTS in a Data Warehouse
- Defining Data Warehouse Structures
- Populating Data Warehouse Structures
- Using the DTS Import/Export Wizard
- Understanding DTS Package Elements
- Copying and Managing Data
- Performing Data Transformations
- Extending Transformations
- Implementing Data Driven Query Solutions
- Storing DTS Packages and Metadata
- Executing Packages
- Managing Package Properties
- Building Advanced Workflows
- Applying Best Practices
- Case Study - Populating the Shipments Star