This course is designed to prepare DB2 Linux, UNIX and Windows database administrators for planning, installing, managing and monitoring a DB2 pureScale database system. This course covers the features and functions of the DB2 pureScale feature for DB2 10.5, including fixpack levels 4 and 5. This is a lecture-only course.
Prior to taking this course, you should have taken:DB2 10 for LUW: Basic Administration for Linux and Windows (CL2X3G) orDB2 10 for LUW: Basic Administration for AIX (CL213G) orDB2 10 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Quickstart for Experienced Relational DBAs (CL485G)Or have equivalent experience.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This intermediate course is intended for experienced DB2 LUW database administrators.
- DB2 pureScale Database Introduction
- Inside a DB2 pureScale database
- Managing a DB2 pureScale Database Cluster
- Planning a DB2 pureScale Database Cluster
- Installation for a DB2 pureScale Database Cluster
- Migration to DB2 pureScale from a non-pureScale DB2 database
- DB2 pureScale Database Backup and Recovery Considerations
- DB2 pureScale High Availability Behavior
- Storage Management for a DB2 pureScale Database Cluster
- DB2 pureScale monitoring and performance management
- Problem Determination for a DB2 pureScale Database Cluster
- Managing DB2 pureScale Client Availability and Workload Management