Students will learn how to perform database administration tasks using DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows. These tasks include creating DB2 instances, creating and populating databases, and using logical design to support concurrency and recovery requirements. This course provides excellent DBA Certification preparation as the classroom material directly references the DBA Certification Guide. Each student will receive a copy of the DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows DBA Certification Guide by Roger E. Sanders.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
- Command line & main GUIs
- Configuring an instance and creating a database
- Data Placement
- Basic Data Objects
- Tablespaces, Tables and Indexes
- Incorporating Business Rules
- Loading, importing and exporting data
- Using RunStat & Reorg.
- Choosing logging, Backup, UOW, Restore and Rollforward
- Problem Determination & Monitoring
- Running Visual Explain, Snapshot & Event Monitor