This course will review many aspects of performance and tuning of DB2 version 10 and 10.5 for LUW (Linux, UNIX and Windows). IBM commands and tools for DB2 will be used to support workshop activities. Performance and tuning varies with type of user to be supported. We will review this topic for support of SQL users, developers, data designers and database administrators.
Knowledge of relational database theory and SQL, and some previous DB2 support experience would be helpful.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for database administrators and those senior support persons, who are responsible for tuning DB2 for performance or analyzing application performance.
- Index design
- Access path selection topics
- Advanced topics for evaluating SQL performance
- Advanced access path topics
- Concurrency control
- Automatic and autonomic configuration
- Buffer Pool Optimization
- Evaluating DB2 data performance
- DB2 operational model
- Additional DB2 performance tools