During this hands-on workshop the attendee will install their own Db2 subsystem, migrate their subsystem to a new release and implement additional Db2 functions. Detailed attention is given to Db2 in a data sharing environment, what facilities are supplied to manage and the recovery of system resources, the Db2 environment and how Db2 relates to the z/OS environment.
A working knowledge of Db2 for z/OS (DB5000), z/OS JCL, TSO/ISPF & z/OS Utilities (MF1010) and SMP/E Fundamentals (MF5020, optional).
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
Db2 Systems Programmers, Db2 Systems Administrators and Systems Database Administrators who will be installing and migrating Db2 for z/OS.
- Db2 Installation
- Db2 Migration
- Installing or Enabling Additional Functions
- Installing, Migrating and Enabling Data Sharing
- Introduction to Operations and Recovery
- Db2 Subsystem Startup and Shutdown
- Managing the BSDS and LOGs
- Db2 non-Sysplex Failure Recovery
- Db2 Sysplex Failure Recovery
- Security Administration Overview