Almost every organization has people whose personality, behavior, attitude, work habits or other characteristics present an occasional or frequent challenge for those around them. This workshop will provide you with practical tools and skills to handle difficult people whether or not you have sufficient positional authority. Learn to distinguish between various types of difficult behavior, and choose responses that have a high probability of succeeding rather than escalating a difficult situation. Develop analytical skills, specialized communication, confronting skills, interpersonal negotiating, coaching, plus stress and conflict management strategies.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for executives, managers, supervisors, team leaders, project managers, and anyone else impacted by the effects of negativity in the work place due to a “difficult person”.
The 6 Types of Difficult People
- The 10 Most Unwanted Behavior Styles
- The 4 Behavior Styles
- 10 Linguistic Viruses that Create Unhealthy Communication
- How to Separate the People from the Problem
- How to Deal with Negativity
- Handling Anger in Ourselves and Others
- Communicating Skills for Handling Difficult Situations
- Communicating Assertively
- Coaching a Difficult Employee
- Dealing with Conflict
- When Nothing Else Works: Next Best Solutions