The abundance of data and an affordable cloud-scale has led to an explosion of interest in Deep Learning. Intel has released an excellent library called BigDL to open-source, allowing state-of-the-art machine learning done at scale. This course introduces Deep Learning concepts and the BigDL library to students. Why should you use BigDL? Use BigDL if you want to get the power of Deep Learning on your ML workflows on Spark and Hadoop. Do you find yourself using SVMs and Random Forests for everything on Spark MLlib? Wish you could do deep learning instead?
- Basic knowledge of Python language and Jupyter notebooks is assumed.
- Basic knowledge of Linux environment would be beneficial
- Some Machine Learning familiarity would be nice, but not necessary.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for developers, data analysts, and data scientists.
- Introduction to Deep Learning
- Introducing BigDL
- BigDL Execution Model
- Hidden Layers: Intro to Deep Learning
- High-level BigDL: the Pipeline API and Dataframes
- Convolutional Neural Networks in BigDL
- Tensorflow and Caffe Models in BigDL
- Recurrent Neural Networks in BigDL
- Long Short Term Memory (LSTM) in BigDL