Loading Course Schedule...
This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and the hands on skills necessary to create, modify maintain business rules in IBM WebSphere ILOG Rule Team Server V7.1 Through presentations, hands on walk-through and programmed exercises, students develop the knowledge, and more importantly the experience with ILOG to perform the tasks associated with rule authoring, maintenance, support and robust rule project development. In order to provide practical and realistic training that students can apply immediately, the students work through a case study and rules project that presents the typical challenges, issues and problems that can occur when authoring using ILOG.
There are no prerequisites required for this course.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for personnel that are responsible for building applications in the ILOG platform.
- Understanding and using the business object model (BOM).
- Understanding the server interface.
- Designing and implementing a business rules project.
- Authoring new rules - defining variables, writing rule condition and action statements.
- Working with BAL (business action language).
- Modifying business rules to support changing business practices and policies.
- Creating and updating decision tables.
- Maintaining and analyzing business rules
- Using queries on rules, comparing versions using the history feature.
- Developing, performing and analyzing acceptance testing and simulations.
- QA and robustness validation - correctness and completeness of business rules projects.
- Pitfalls and best practices.