Developers and DevOps engineers need collaboration tools to write effective code, implement Test Driven Development methodologies, and automate deployments. Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery are best practices in handling complex development and deployment scenarios while a product is under development. Git and Jenkins are the twin pillars of the developers' Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery toolbox. By using these tools effectively, developers and dev/ops engineers can ensure much higher quality code and better results.
- familiarity with programming in at least one language
- Basic knowledge of Linux and command line
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Software Developers.
- Introduction to the Modern Developer Workflow
- Source Code Management
- About Git
- Key CI/CD/Jenkins Concepts
- Jenkins Basics
- Testing as Part of workflow
- Jenkins Plugins
- Building Continuous Delivery (CD) Pipelines