As organizations are facing new entrants in their respective markets, they need to stay competitive and release new and updated products on a regular basis rather than one or two times a year. The DevOps Foundation course provides a baseline understanding of key DevOps terminology to ensure everyone is talking the same language and highlights the benefits of DevOps to support organizational success. The course includes the latest thinking, principles and practices from the DevOps community including real-world case studies from high performing organizations including ING Bank, Ticketmaster, Capital One, Alaska Air, Target, Fannie Mae, Societe Generale, and Disney that engage and inspire learners, leveraging multimedia and interactive exercises that bring the learning experience to life, including the Three Ways as highlighted in the Phoenix Project by Gene Kim and the latest from the State of DevOps and DevOps Institute Upskilling reports. Learners will gain an understanding of DevOps, the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration, and automation to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. The course is designed for a broad audience, enabling those on the business side to obtain an understanding of microservices and containers. Those on the technical side will obtain an understanding as to the business value of DevOps to reduce cost (15-25% overall IT cost reduction) with increased quality (50-70% reduction in change failure rate) and agility (up to 90% reduction in provision and deployment time) to support business objectives in support of digital transformation initiatives. Unique and exciting exercises will be used to apply the concepts covered in the course and sample documents, templates, tools, and techniques will be provided to use after the class. This certification positions learners to successfully complete the DevOps Foundation examination.
Familiarity with IT terminology and IT-related work experience are recommended.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
The target audience for this course includes Management, Operations, Developers, QA and Testing professionals, such as:
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management
- Individuals who require an understanding of DevOps principles
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile Service Design Environment
- The following IT roles: Automation Architects, Application Developers, Business Analysts, Business Managers, Business Stakeholders, Change Agents, Consultants, DevOps Consultants, DevOps Engineers, Infrastructure Architects, Integration Specialists, IT Directors, IT Managers, IT Operations, IT Team Leaders, Lean Coaches, Network Administrators, Operations Managers, Project Managers, Release Engineers, Software Developers, Software Testers/QA, System Administrators, Systems Engineers, System Integrators, Tool Providers.
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business and IT
- Principles and practices including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, testing, security, and the Three Ways
- DevOps relationship to Agile, Lean, and ITSM
- Improved workflows, communication, and feedback loops
- Automation practices including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Scaling DevOps for the enterprise
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results