This course teaches developers how to create applications using the SQL API and SDK for Azure Cosmos DB. Students will learn how to write efficient queries, create indexing policies, manage and provisioned resources, and perform common operations with the SDK.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and ability to navigate the Azure portal
- Ability to write code to connect and perform operations on a SQL or NoSQL database product, like SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, or similar.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for software engineers tasked with authoring cloud-native solutions that leverage Azure Cosmos DB SQL API and its various SDKs.
- Get started with Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL
- Plan and implement Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL
- Connect to Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL with the SDK
- Access and manage data with the Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL SDKs
- Execute queries in Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL
- Define and implement an indexing strategy for Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL
- Integrate Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL with Azure services
- Implement a data modeling and partitioning strategy for Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL
- Design and implement a replication strategy for Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL
- Optimize query and operation performance in Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL
- Monitor and troubleshoot an Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL solution
- Manage an Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL solution using DevOps practices
- Create server-side programming constructs in Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL