At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and use the Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure (MAI) for monitoring the system landscape with SAP Solution Manager.
- Setup and Configure the monitoring types: System Monitoring, Self-Monitoring, User Experience Monitoring, ::Integration Monitoring, Job Monitoring, and HANA and BI Monitoring.
- Use the features of the System and Application Monitoring function.
- Understand Focused Insight functions delivered by Add-On ST-OST.
- Use the SAP Solution Manager Administration functions for Troubleshooting.
Essential: Solution Manager Configuration for Operations Recommended: Application Operations in SAP Solution Manager
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
Those who can benefit from this Technical Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager course include:
- Solution Architect
- System Administrator
- System Architect
- Technology Consultant
- Help Desk / CoE Support
- Overview of the functions of Technical Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager 7.2
- Overview of the Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure (MAI) architecture
- Monitoring Templates
- Using the Alert Inbox including Guided Procedures
- Configuring Work Mode Management and Notification Management
- Configuring and using System Monitoring
- Configuring and using Interfaces and Connections
- Configuring and using Process Integration and Message Flow Monitoring
- Configuring and using User Experience Monitoring
- Configuring and using Job Monitoring
- Configuring Business Intelligence Monitoring
- Using Automated Reporting (like EarlyWatch Alerts and Service Level Reporting)
- Using Application specific Dashboards, gets a basic understanding using the Dashboard Builder to build own Dashboards
- Focused Insight functions delivered by Add-On ST-OST
- Overview of SAP Mobile Apps for the Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure (MAI)
- Configuring and using SAP Solution Manager Self-Monitoring and Self Diagnosis
- Using Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure Analysis Tools