Loading Course Schedule...
This 2-day course introduces advanced topics for using Earned Value Management (EVM) as a project control and reporting mechanism. The emphasis is on the integration of Status, Progress and Forecasting. Key skill areas include trend analysis, and analysis of current progress and past performance as a predictor of future performance. One of the most important aspect of EVM is its ability to predict the degree to which projects meets their baseline requirements (Technical, Schedule, and Cost) This course provides a detailed understanding of the EVM mechanics of forecasting analysis as well as immediate variance analysis and corrective action techniques. The course emphasizes the correct interpretation of project EVM data and graphics.
Concepts and Practice of Project Management or the equivalent project management experienceIntroduction or Earned Value Management or the equivalent experience
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for both project team members and project managers wishing to expand their working knowledge of Earned Value Management as a project planning and control process.
- EVM indicators and metrics
- Performance reporting for stakeholders including the presentation of both tabular and graphic data
- Calculating cost metrics
- The proper use of cost metrics
- Calculating schedule metrics
- SPI and the project timeline
- The proper use of schedule metrics
- Formulas for calculating and analyzing EAC metrics
- TPCI calculation and analysis
- Data fidelity
- Advanced analysis of EAC and ETC metrics
- Advanced EVM metrics