Communicating effectively is key to working well with others. Expressing yourself clearly and listening for the real message can prevent many problems from ever arising. Students will learn the relevance, benefits, and need for effective listening as well as the necessary skills to be an active listener. Overcoming barriers to clear communication is also discussed. Activities are used throughout to reinforce the learning.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for managers and team members.
- The Basics of Communication
- Understanding Communication Styles
- Working Through Communications with Other People
- How Well You Listen (Self-Assessment)
- Barriers Between the Listener and the Speaker
- Becoming an Empathetic Listener