This hands-on course is packed with practical, real-world advice on building and evolving modern application infrastructures, while fully automating application deployment. With a focus on Ansible and Amazon Web Services, the key ideas translate to other tools and providers as well. Starting with the core useful abstractions of Ansible - playbooks and plays, templating, and roles - before exploring higher-level devops patterns of node orchestration, configuration, deployment and control. The course concludes with containerization, using Docker. Note this training is thoroughly hands-on; students are expected to fully participate, as they master the fundamentals of implementing devops with Ansible.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for developers, managers, and project leaders.
- Core modules and how to use them
- Variables in Ansible
- More Advanced Playbooks
- Deploying applications
- Roles in Ansible
- Basic Database handling
- More Advanced Inventories
- Orchestration of multiple hosts
- Extending Ansible
- Managing credentials
- Cloud Orchestration with Ansible and AWS
- Tagging AWS resources
- Configuring AWS instances
- More advanced AWS orchestration
- The Ansible ecosystem: Ansible Galaxy
- Containers with Docker (Optional 4th Day)
- Container Orchestration (Optional 4th Day)
- Using Containers on AWS (Optional 4th Day)