The purpose of the course is to give you a good understanding of Lean in an IT context.During the course you will be introduced to the 5 Lean principles, and to some of the ingredients necessary to succeeding with Lean. These ingredients include you, as a change agent, the manager and a Plan. You will try out the principles and some of the tools in a couple of exercises.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
2 Days/Lecture & Labs
You are the primary intended audience for the course if you are an employee embarking on a Lean project, process work, CSI initiative/team etc. You should become fully able to work as a good Lean project participant, understanding the principles and reasons behind the project, to ensure that you contribute as well as you can. If you are a Project, CSI, Process and Line managers, you should start with this course and progress to more advanced Lean courses specifically fitted to your role afterwards.
- Introduction to Lean and TPS
- Introduction to the 5 Lean principles
- Understanding how to do ROOT CAUSE ANALYSE
- Understanding how to work with VALUE STREAMS
- Understanding how to work with KAIZEN MEETINGS
- Understanding how to work with VISUAL MANAGEMENT
- Understanding the role of Lean Agents and Managers