This class provides a comprehensive introduction to the IBM i (iSeries, AS/400) Control Language, and focuses on writing programs using the ILE Control Language. ILE Control Language is the main operating system scripting language for IBM i, and has been greatly enhanced in recent years. This class is current with all the newest Control Language enhancements. The students will write, test and debug numerous ILE Control Language programs of increasing complexity.
Before taking this course, you should have taken the Programming Introduction to IBM i (iSeries, AS/400) course (PT1301) or have equivalent knowledge/experience with IBM Programming Tools.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for those wanting a comprehensive introduction to the IBM i (iSeries, AS/400) Control Language, that focuses on writing programs using the ILE Control Language
Introduction to Control Language
- Basic CL Programming
- Input/Output in a CL Program
- Error Handling and Messages
- Using IBM Supplied APIs in CL
- Running CL Commands from RPG and COBOL
- Selective Prompting for Commands
- Using CL Programs for Displays
- Understanding and Modifying
- CL Command Attributes
- Creating Your Own Commands
- Newest CL Enhancements