This course gives network professionals a functional understanding of BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager, introducing students to both commonly used and advanced BIG-IP LTM features and functionality. Incorporating lecture, extensive hands-on labs, and classroom discussion, the course helps students build the well-rounded skill set needed to manage BIG-IP LTM systems as part of a flexible and high performance application delivery network.
Administering BIG-IP, OSI model, TCP/IP addressing and routing, WAN, LAN environments, and server redundancy concepts; or having achieved TMOS Administration Certification
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for system and network administrators responsible for installation, setup, configuration, and administration of the BIG-IP LTM system.
- Setting Up the BIG-IP System
- Reviewing Local Traffic Configuration
- Load Balancing Traffic with LTM
- Modifying Traffic Behavior with Persistence
- Monitoring Application Health
- Processing Traffic with Virtual Servers
- Modifying Traffic Behavior with Profiles
- Selected Topics
- Deploying Application Services with iApps
- Customizing Application Delivery with iRules and Local Traffic Policies
- Securing Application Delivery with LTM
- Final Lab Project