Efficient and effective group facilitation is an important part of leading teams developing critical business solutions. Facilitators help people communicate and work together through a structured, open framework. Participants gain an understanding of group dynamics, group process, and facilitator intervention strategies to maximize the group's creative potential. This program is designed to equip managers, leaders, and/or trainers with a three-step facilitation process to enhance meeting productivity.This course is based upon active learning, with rich, interactive exercises, case studies, and applied experiences. The twelve (12) hour option includes videotaping and feedback.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
8-12 Hours/Lecture & Lab
- Identify the differences between a team leader, presenter and facilitator
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a facilitator
- Apply a three (3) step facilitation process
- Recognize the power of group dynamics and group processes
- Identify strategies to deal with resistant people
- Identify blockers common to group communication and interaction