This three-day, hands-on course teaches students to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the user interface. Start with basic video editing techniques and work all the way through Final Cut Pro's powerful advanced features. Students work with dramatic real-world media to learn the practical techniques used daily in editing projects.
It is recommended that attendees of this course have:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation.
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
Those who can benefit from this Introduction to Final Cut Pro course include anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut X and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
- Exploring the Final Cut Pro X Interface
- Organizing Clips in an Event
- Building a Rough Cut
- Fine-tuning a Rough Cut
- Adding to the Primary Storyline
- Applying Transitions
- Working with Sound
- Working with Titles, Generators, and Themes
- Retiming and Transforming Clips
- Applying Effects and Enhancing Color
- Exporting and Sharing Your Project