Loading Course Schedule...
P8 Administration 4.0 introduces the P8 4.0 platform and its basic components. This course will introduce students to the basic tools provided in P8 and their proper native usage. This course acts as an introductory foundation for other P8 related courses.
-Basic operating system administration skills (how to check logs, troubleshoot errors etc)-Basic database knowledge (ability to use administrative tools to access the database, read logs, and an understanding of SQL queries)-Experience working with computers and Networks-Experience with Active Directory or LDAP applications-Familiarity with IBM FileNet P8 architecture is a big plus
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The course material assumes a working knowledge and experience of operating systems, application servers, relational databases and basic systems administration. This class is technical in nature and requires completion of multiple labs with little or no assistance.
- Review of P8 structures including content engine and business process manager
- Creation of basic P8 structures such as document classes, custom objects, and workflows
- P8 Security at a high level
- Creation of Object Stores and Isolated Regions
- Creation of entry templates, workflow subscriptions, and search templates
- Managing system components (startup, shutdown, and basic monitoring)
- Basic system wellness (logs, databases, etc)
- Basic best-practices overview
- Add-on components and tools