The practice of mindfulness – centering your attention in the present by focusing on the breath – has been around for thousands of years. A growing body of research is demonstrating it can have a powerful impact on how you think, feel, act, relate, perform and collaborate at work. On an individual level, mindfulness practice helps you to control your emotions – anger, frustration, fear – so you can be inquiring, thoughtful, logical, rational and strategic, and focus on the work that needs done, rather than on the situations that may distract you from your priorities. In effect, being mindful and aware allows you to acknowledge emotion and move towards logic and reason in any situation. This workshop, facilitated by a long-term workplace mindfulness practitioner, will show you how to integrate mindfulness with emotional intelligence and organizational behavior theories and tools, so you can immediately begin to enhance your own well-being and improve your relationships and effectiveness at work.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to improve their self-awareness and find new ways of dealing with a challenging workplace environment.
- The Modern Organization – Hierarchy vs. Circle
- Conflict and the Tuckman’s Team Development Model
- Balancing IQ with Emotional and Relationships Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness
- Mindfulness Practice – tools and methods
- Critical Thinking and Mindfulness – learning to park emotion through mindfulness and think logically and rationally
- Communications and the 5 Questions for Clarity