Loading Course Schedule...
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to implement and manage firewalls and internetwork security. Students will learn firewall designs and techniques and use hands-on exercises to learn and test firewall installations and overall security.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for IS security specialists and System Administration.
Internetwork Security Concepts
- Internet Protocol and Services (TCP/IP, Sockets, Ports, Services, etc.)
- Firewall Technology (Components, Vulnerabilities)
- Designing Border Security
- Types of Firewalls (Packet Filter, Circuit-Level, Application-Level, Stateful Packet Inspection)
- Network Address Translation
- Operating Systems and Firewalls
- OS Firewalls (Linux, Unix, ISA)
- Commercial and Dedicated Firewalls
- Intrusion Detection Systems and Security Analysis Tools
- DMZ and Network Design Concerns
- Penetration Testing and Proving the Defense
- Vectors of Attack
- Hacking Techniques
- Countermeasures and Consequences