Introduces AWS professionals to the core capabilities of Google Cloud Platform. This six-hour course with labs introduces AWS professionals to the core capabilities of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) in the four technology pillars: networking, compute, storage, and database. It is designed for AWS Solution Architects and SysOps Administrators familiar with AWS features and setup and want to gain experience configuring GCP products immediately. With presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants get details of similarities, differences, and initial how-tos quickly.
Before taking this course, students should have basic proficiency with networking technologies like subnets and routing, experience with Amazon VPC, Amazon EC2 instances, and disks, and familiarity with Amazon S3 and AWS database technologies.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for: AWS Solution Architects just getting started with Google Cloud Platform, AWS SysOps Administrators used to building IaaS solutions, and Architects and Engineers operating in multi-cloud environments.
- Identify GCP counterparts for Amazon VPC, subnets, routes, NACLs, IGW, Amazon EC2, Amazon EBS, auto-scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Amazon RDS, Amazon Redshift, AWS IAM, and more
- Configure accounts, billing, projects, networks, subnets, firewalls, VMs, disks, auto scaling, load balancing, storage, databases, IAM, and more
- Manage and monitor applications
- Explain feature and pricing model differences
- Locate documentation and training