BigFix combines endpoint and security management into a single solution that enables users to see and manage fixed, mobile, physical and virtual endpoints on more than 90 different operating system versions. In addition to ensuring that all of a company’s systems are patched and secure, BigFix automates time-intensive tasks across complex networks, queries endpoints in real-time for the presence of malicious files, allows for quick software installations, performs advanced automation, and allows for simple remote control with just a few clicks. This course will present knowledge to help BigFix administrators and operators develop the foundation knowledge they need to successfully leverage BigFix in their managed environments. BigFix Compliance enforces continuous compliance with security policies throughout an organization for every endpoint both on and off the corporate network. It includes out-of- the-box support for most popular security benchmarks published by CIS, DISA STIG, USGCB and PCI-DSS. An intelligent agent on every endpoint monitors, enforces and reports on the security configuration status of the endpoints in real-time regardless of OS type or location. In this course, students will learn to interact and operate the BigFix Compliance solution. They will gain a solid understanding of the various components of the solution and will be able to configure, operate, develop reports, perform maintenance tasks, and troubleshoot BigFix
Before taking this course, students should have basic Microsoft Windows experience.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for BigFix administrators and operators.
- Discuss architecture and component configuration
- Perform daily operations to support managed environment
- Find and Deploy Patches for managed endpoints
- Report on managed environment
- Perform basic troubleshooting
- Overview including key concepts, features and functions of BigFix Compliance
- Design and install BigFix Compliance (architecture, infrastructure, and implementation)
- Configure and Operate BigFix Compliance including Navigation and Checklists
- Create a wide variety of reports for different stakeholders in the organization
- Deployment tasks and technologies
- Maintain BigFix Compliance
- Troubleshoot BigFix Compliance including ::Disaster Recovery planning