BigFix combines endpoint and security management into a single solution that enables users to see and manage fixed, mobile, physical and virtual endpoints on more than 90 different operating system versions. In addition to ensuring that all of a company’s systems are patched and secure, BigFix automates time-intensive tasks across complex networks, queries endpoints in real-time for the presence of malicious files, allows for quick software installations, performs advanced automation, and allows for simple remote control with just a few clicks. This course will present knowledge to help BigFix administrators and operators develop the foundation knowledge they need to successfully leverage BigFix in their managed environments. BigFix Inventory provides valuable insight into what software your organization owns— and what software has installed but does not own—along with how often the software is being used. It supports better planning, budgeting and hardware and software license compliance, while mitigating security risk. In this course, you will learn to interact and operate the BigFix Inventory solution. You will gain a solid understanding of the various components of the solution and will be able to configure, operate, develop reports, perform maintenance tasks, and troubleshoot BigFix Inventory.
Before taking this course, students should have basic Microsoft Windows experience.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for BigFix administrators and operators.
- Discuss architecture and component configuration
- Perform daily operations to support managed environment
- Find and Deploy Patches for managed endpoints
- Report on managed environment
- Perform basic troubleshooting
- Overview including key concepts, features and functions of BigFix Inventory
- Configure and Operate BigFix Inventory including optimization
- Create a wide variety of reports for different stakeholders in the organization
- Deployment tasks and technologies
- Maintain BigFix Inventory
- Troubleshoot BigFix Inventory