In this course you receive an overview of the HP Integrity NonStopT NB-series server architecture and basic software functionality, including functions of OSM, TACL, and Subsystem Control Facility (SCF) for system, disk drive, tape drive, and communications lines monitoring. The course also covers functional command use to allow monitoring system files with the use of FUP and monitoring the system spooler with PERUSE and SPOOLCOM commands. The 5-day course is 80 percent lecture and 20 percent hands-on labs using HP servers.
Before taking this course, students should take ProTech's Concepts and Facilities for NonStop Systems and have at least 6 months operational experience on NonStop servers.
Five Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for system operators, system administrators, system analysts, and technical support analysts.
- Course Overview
- Computing Environments and Operator Tasks
- NonStop Multicore Architecture (NSMA)
- Operator Tools: TACL, OSM, and SCF
- Managing Files
- Managing Security
- Managing Disks and Tapes
- Managing Processes and Applications
- Managing Printers and the Spooler
- Managing LANs and WANs
- Appendix (optional) - HP Integrity NonStop Carrier-Grade BladeSystem Differences
- Onsite Delivery Equipment Requirements