Loading Course Schedule...
This 5-day course provides core knowledge from the installation and maintenance perspective on HP NonStop servers system hardware architecture and operating system software making the systems reliable, scalable, open, and fast. Topics include NonStop kernel utilities including SCF, FUP, EMS, SPOOLCOM, PERUSE and using Open System Management (OSM) to verify system components. The course is 55 percent lecture and 45 percent hands-on labs using HP servers and is the foundation and prerequisite for follow-on NonStop platform specific field support training.
General computer knowledgeMission critical mindsetAt least six months experience maintaining other server platforms
5 Days/Lecture & Labs
Account or support engineers and customer service personnel who are responsible for installing and fully maintaining NonStop servers and the NonStop kernel operating systemThose involved with HP NonStop server support and services
- Introduction to NonStop Systems
- NonStop Server Hardware Architectures
- NonStop Operating System (OS)
- Guardian Environment
- Open System Services (OSS) Environment
- NonStop Technical Library (NTL)
- Open System Management (OSM) Overview
- Server Configuration and Management
- Event Management Service (EMS)
- Other Useful NonStop Tools
- Information Sources and Education Planning