This course is designed for experienced administrators who manage Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) clusters with Ambari. It covers upgrades, configuration, application management, and other common tasks.
Before taking this course, attendees should have attended HDP Operations: Hadoop Administration 1 or possess equivalent knowledge and experience. Attendees should be familiar with basic HDP administration and Linux environments.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for IT administrators and operators responsible for configuring, managing, and supporting a Hadoop deployment in a Linux environment using Ambari.
Introduction to the Lab Environment
- Perform an HDP Rolling Upgrade
- Configure HDFS NFS Gateway
- Configure HDFS Centralized Cache
- Configure YARN Node Labels
- Deploy HBase using Slider
- Integrate Ambari with LDAP
- Configure Hive High Availability
- Run an Oozie Workflow
- Configure Oozie High Availability
- Configure Data Mirroring using Falcon
- Install HDP using Ambari Blueprints
- Hive Performance Tuning
- Managing Data Compression