Project management has had more new and refined hot topics from multiple sources in the last few years than in its previous history. Today these have come together to the point that many organizations are requiring certification of project managers. This dynamic workshop covers the what, why and how of these hot topics and shows participants how to use this valuable content immediately.This workshop provides the latest tools, techniques and methods to help you even more effectively plan and manage large and/or small IT projects. Individual and team exercises and a case study provide a total perspective on how all of the tools and techniques fit together within the best practices set to assist in project management.The latest perspectives from the Project Management Institute's (PMI's): 1. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge - 2000 Edition, and 2. PMI Practice Standard for Work Breakdown Structures are integrated into this course.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
2 Days/Lecture & Workshop
This course is designed for Project leaders, team members and all project stakeholders who are, or will be, managing or involved with information technology (IT) projects.
- The Discipline of Project Management Today A Fast Overview of How We Got To Where We Are
- Today and the Benefits of Applying These Valuable Elements
- The Hot Topics The Key Process Areas of the Software Engineering Institute
- (SEI), Quality Assurance Institute (QAI) & IBM's Best Practices
- Project Management Institute's (PMI's) Process Groups
- Software Quality Management-The Components, Steps & Tasks
- The Necessary Risk Management Steps & Methods per Type of Project
- Software Configuration Management-The Components, Steps & Tasks
- Including Change Management
- Necessary Project Tracking & Oversight
- Project Control What It Is & How To Do It
- What Management Needs to See & Hear Throughout the Project.
- Project Documentation, Repositories & History Files-Real World Practices & Uses I.E.
- Managing Projects in a Rapidly Changing Environment