Prior to beginning the workflow design, the Business Processes have been defined in Business terms and modeled at a level of detail and specificity suitable for business confirmation. This definition reflects the current roles, systems, and applications. The Business Services have been defined and externalized from their original business application contexts, and perhaps implemented as stand-alone Web Services.The students will learn how to re-implement the Business Process using the previously defined Services. They will learn how to re-partition the Business Process, changing the boundaries between human and automated components and/or between automated components, and how to design the interactions across the new boundaries to enable smooth interoperability.
There are no prerequisites required for this course.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
- Comprehending Business Process Models and supporting Artifacts
- Comprehending Service Definitions
- Opportunity Analysis
- Recasting the Business Processes to align with Services
- Surfacing Process Workflow Rules
- Identifying and Detailing Service Boundary Events
- Analyzing SBE Needs
- Going Forward Three Paths
- Summary Review