Loading Course Schedule...
This is an interactive course on how to use Fast Packet Technology (Frame Relay, SMDS and ATM) to link together corporate legacy, TCP/IP and NetWare networks. The course consists of foundation information on Fast Packet and IBM's Frame Relay, SMDS and ATM products: 3745, 3172, 3174, RS/6000, Nways, 8260, RS/6611, RouteXpander/2, AS/400, PS/2 and TurboWays. Numerous quizzes and a final case study exercise will prepare the student for encounters with technologists and decision makers.
The student should have a knowledge of computer networking.
This course is intended for technical, marketing, sales, support and engineering personnel.
- Factors driving IBM users to upgrade their SNA networks
- Layered network architecture and applications
- IBM mainframe data centers
- IBM distributed processors
- Popular office and desktop products
- How enterprise users can use frame relay
- Switched multi-megabit data services
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode