The HP FlexNetwork Fundamentals, Rev. 15.21 course provides you with the networking skills necessary for modern, open standard based networking technologies and solutions. The course introduces you to the basic features of modern networks such as VLAN’s, redundancy technologies such as MSTP, link aggregation technologies such as LACP, static and dynamic IP routing with OSPF, standalone Access Points (AP’s), and network management with HP’s Intelligent Management Center (IMC). It also covers a high level introduction to HP’s Converged Infrastructure strategy and to network virtualization with HP’s Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF). You will work on Comware and ProVision based switches in the lab exercises and learns how to implement and validate small to medium enterprise network solutions. This course is highly focused on hands-on lab activities which accounts for 70% of the content accompanied with learning activities and instructor led lecture, 30% of content.
Prior to attending this course you should take the following web based trainings:
- Getting Started with HP Switching and Routing, Rev 13.31
- Getting Started with HP Wireless, Rev 13.31
This course is ideal for IT Professionals who deploy small to medium enterprise network solutions based on HP products and technologies, including HP Reseller Systems Engineers, Customer IT Staff, HP System Engineers, and HP Services Field and Call Center Support Engineers.
- Explain HP’s FlexNetwork Architecture
- Perform basic configuration, access security and switch setup on HP switches
- Configure Layer 2 technologies such as STP, Link Aggregation and VLANs
- Configure basic IP Routing with static and dynamic routing technologies (OSPF)
- Configure HP Networking’s network virtualization technology IRF
- Provide mobility solutions with the MSM wireless Access Points
- Manage and monitor Networks with HP IMC network management software