This course teaches students how to identify, recommend, and explain HPE Enterprise Storage Solutions architectures and technologies, and translate business requirements into storage solution designs that support applications and data across physical, virtual and cloud environments with a common architecture and converged management. The course also covers designing HPE Backup Solutions including the right Backup, Recovery, and Archive (BURA) strategies for various customer scenarios.
A suggested prerequisite for this course is Hybrid IT Solutions V1 or V2.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
Typical candidates for this course are channel partners, customers, and HPE employees who interpret customer requirements to design, install, configure, and manage HPE storage and backup solutions. The candidate will be able to demonstrate critical-thinking skills required to design, optimize, deploy, manage, and troubleshot storage solutions.
- Storage architectures and technologies
- HPE storage products review
- Storage networking architectures and technologies
- Data protection
- HPE backup solutions – disk
- HPE backup solutions – tape
- Backup and archiving software solutions – part 1
- Backup and archiving software solutions – part 2
- Advanced administering and monitoring
- Staging an effective storage consulting engagement
- Planning and designing HPE storage solutions
- Planning and designing HPE BURA solutions – theory
- Planning and designing HPE BURA solutions – practice
- Upgrading, optimizing, and tuning HPE storage and BURA solutions