This course provides Business and Professional Authors with an introduction report building techniques using relational data models. Techniques to enhance, customize, and manage professional reports will be explored. Activities will illustrate and reinforce key concepts during this learning opportunity.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course is intended for report authors.
- What is IBM Cognos Analytics – Reporting?
- Examine personal data sources and data modules
- Examine list reports
- Aggregate measure/fact data
- Use shared dimensions to create multi-fact queries
- Add repeated information to reports
- Create crosstab reports
- Create complex crosstab reports
- Format, sort, and aggregate data in a crosstab
- Create discontinuous crosstab reports
- Create visualization reports
- Focus reports using filters
- Focus reports using prompts
- Augment reports using calculations
- Customize reports with conditional formatting
- Drill-through definitions
- Enhance report layout
- Use additional report-building techniques