This course provides authors with an introduction to building reports using Cognos Analytics. Techniques to enhance, customize, and manage reports will be explored. Activities will illustrate and reinforce key concepts during this learning opportunity.
Before attending this course, students should have knowledge of their business requirements and experience using IBM Cognos Analytics as a consumer.
This course is intended for report authors.
- What is IBM Cognos Analytics – Reporting?
- Dimensionally modeled relational data
- User personal data sources and data modules
- Examine list reports
- Aggregate fact data
- Multiple facts and repeated information
- Add repeated information to reports
- Create crosstab reports
- Create complex crosstab reports
- Work with crosstab data
- Create discontinuous crosstab reports
- Create visualization reports
- Focus reports using filters
- Focus reports using prompts
- Use calculations
- Customize reports with conditional formatting
- Drill-through definitions
- Enhance report layout
- Use additional report-building techniques