This course is designed to guide report authors in building on their expertise with IBM Cognos Analytics by applying dimensional techniques to reports. Through interactive demonstrations and exercises, participants will learn how to author reports that navigate and manipulate dimensional data structures using the specific dimensional functions and features available in IBM Cognos Analytics.
Prior to taking this course, students should have the following:Knowledge of IBM Cognos Analytics: Author Reports Fundamentals (v11.0)Knowledge of your business requirementsKnowledge of dimensional data
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for report authors working with dimensional data sources.
- Introduction to Dimensional Concepts
- Introduction to Dimensional Data in Reports
- Dimensional Report Context
- Focus Your Dimensional Data
- Calculations and Dimensional Functions
- Functions for Navigating Dimensional Hierarchies
- Relative Functions
- Advanced Drilling Techniques and Member Sets
- Set Up Drill-Through Reports
- End-to-End Workshop