Loading Course Schedule...
This course provides participants with introductory to advanced knowledge of metadata modeling concepts, and how to model metadata for predictable reporting and analysis results using Framework Manager. Participants will learn the full scope of the metadata modeling process, from initial project creation, to publishing of metadata to the Web, enabling end users to easily author reports and analyze data.
Before taking this course, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of common industry-standard data structures and design.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience gathering requirements and analyzing data.
- IBM Cognos Analytics: Author Reports Fundamentals (recommended)
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for developers who design metadata models for use in IBM Cognos Analytics.
- Introduction to IBM Cognos Analytics
- Identifying common data structures
- Defining requirements
- Creating a baseline project
- Preparing reusable metadata
- Modeling for predictable results: Identifying reporting Issues
- Modeling for predictable results: Virtual star schemas
- Modeling for predictable results: consolidate metadata
- Creating calculations and filters
- Implementing a time dimension
- Specifying determinants
- Creating the presentation view
- Working with different query subject types
- Setting Security in Framework Manager
- Creating Analysis objects
- Managing OLAP Data Sources
- Advanced generated SQL concepts and complex queries
- Using advanced parameterization techniques in Framework Manger
- Model maintenance and extensibility
- Optimizing and tuning Framework Manager models
- Working in a Multi-Modeler Environment
- Managing packages in Framework Manager