This IBM InfoSphere advanced DataStage training is designed to introduce advanced job development techniques in DataStage. This advanced course is for experienced developers seeking training in more advanced techniques and who seek an understanding of the parallel framework architecture.
Before taking this course, you should complete our IBM InfoSphere DataStage Essentials course and have at least one year of experience developing parallel jobs using DataStage.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for those with some DataStage experience that want to learn advanced job development techniques in DataStage.
Introduction to the Parallel Framework Architecture
- Compilation and Execution
- Partitioning and Collecting Data
- Sorting Data
- Buffering in Parallel Jobs
- Parallel Framework Data Types
- Reusable components
- Advanced Transformer Logic
- Extending the Functionality of Parallel Jobs
- Accessing Databases (start if there is time)
- Processing XML Data
- Slowly Changing Dimensions Stages
- Best Practices