You have been given the task of supporting and maintaining IBM MQ on your z/OS system but have no formal training in IBM MQ. Then this is the course for you. In three days, we will cover what you need to understand about IBM MQ for z/OS plus the knowledge and techniques to administer the MQ environment. In the class, we will go from creating a queue manager, to defining MQ resources, to interconnecting our queue managers, plus cover some supporting processes along the way.
A good working knowledge of TSO/ISPF, z/OS JCL, at least one year working in the z/OS environment in either a support / administration role or as a developer with batch application development exposure.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
System programmers, systems administrators, and technical support personnel responsible for maintenance and support of IBM MQ for distributed platforms on a daily basis.
- Terminology, Component and Environment Overview
- Base Installation and Queue Manager Creation
- Queue Creation and Administration Tool Overview
- Message Queuing Interface Overview Plus Application Triggering Process
- Distributed Queuing Plus Related Topics
- System and Application Integrity
- MQ Resource Security