Loading Course Schedule...
This course introduces IBM Workload Scheduler features, environment, and terminology. You learn about distributed environments and how to use both the Dynamic Workload Console and command-line interfaces with Workload Scheduler. You monitor production workflow and create a production day plan. Production workflow consists of job and job stream instances, designed with plan objects. You manage changes to objects, the plan, jobs, events, and job streams. You optimize production workflow and troubleshoot plan problems. You also learn to use Workload Scheduler with classic batch scheduling and dynamic and event-driven workloads.
Before taking this course, make sure that you can use an Internet browser such as Mozilla Firefox and perform basic shell commands in a terminal emulator such as PuTTY or xterm.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for operators and schedulers who perform duties that are related to batch workload automation. This basic course is for the following audiences:
- New IBM Workload Scheduler users who are seeking proficiency in IBM Workload Scheduler version 9.4 job scheduling and operations
- Existing operators, schedulers, supervisors, and managers who are converting from previous versions to version 9.4
- Anyone needing guidance in managing plans, monitoring workloads, or submitting jobs and job streams
- Anyone needing a refresher course and introduction to the Dynamic Workload Console graphical user interface
- IBM Workload Scheduler Introduction
- Using the Application Lab interface
- Monitoring Workload Scheduler production
- Managing Workload Scheduler production
- Creating scheduling objects
- Scheduling, forecasting, and migrating workloads
- Reporting with Workload Scheduler