The Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI) course is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP Data Center certification and for professional-level data center roles. The focus of this skills-building course is on deploying, securing, operating, and maintaining the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) B-Series Blade Servers and UCS C-Series Rack Servers for use in data centers. The extensively hands-on course covers configuring and managing Cisco UCS servers using unified I/O networking for LAN and SAN connectivity, virtualizing server hardware identifiers to enable rapid recovery of server operating system images, implementing automation for Cisco UCS, configuring fault tolerance, implementing role-based access control (RBAC), backing up and restoring system configurations, and using the monitoring and troubleshooting tools in Cisco UCS Manager and Cisco Integrated Management Controller (IMC). You’ll master the professional-level skills and technologies needed to implement Cisco data center unified computing infrastructure, including unified computing implementation maintenance and operations, automation, security and storage.
To fully benefit from this course, students should have the following prerequisite skills and knowledge:
- Understanding of server system design and architecture
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Familiarity with SANs
- Familiarity with Fibre Channel protocol
- Understanding of Cisco Enterprise Data Center Architecture
- Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (such as VMware)
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Cisco integrators and partners, consulting systems engineers, network designers, network engineers, server administrators, systems engineers, technical solutions architects. This course is also beneficial to network administrators, network managers, storage administrators, program managers, and project managers.
- Cisco Unified Computing System Implementation
- SAN Storage Implementation for Cisco Unified Computing System
- Security Implementation for Cisco Unified Computing System
- Operations and Maintenance for Cisco Unified Computing System
- Cisco Unified Computing System Automation