This course prepares the student to use IMS utilities to generate, monitor and maintain IMS full -function databases.
TSO/ISPF, MVS JCL, knowledge of IMS database structures.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
Database administrators, system programmers and senior application programmers who have responsibility to install, manage, and maintain IMS databases.
- DBD, PSB and ACB Generation
- HISAM Reorganization Unload/Reload
- HD Reorganization Unload/Reload
- Prefix Resolution/Update
- Image Copy
- Batch Backout
- Change Accumulation
- HALDB Utilities: Migration Aid, Partition ::Initialization, Index/ILDS Rebuild, PDU ISPF
- Database Tools: Pointer Checker, HD Tuner, ::HD Physical Sort/Reload
- IMS Log Utilities