IBM Mainframe, Midrange & ISV Products
IMS Operator Training
Let us know if you would like a date for this course added to our schedule
This course provides the skills to operate an IMS environment. Students will have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge of IMS concepts and functions.
This course requires that students have a familiarity with the basic concepts of operations in IMS.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for operations personnel.
- Control Region, Message Regions and Queues
- Batch Message Processing Programs (BMPs) and Message Processing Programs (MPPs)
- Logical Terminals (LTERMs) and Physical Terminals (PTERMs)
- IMS Fast Path
- Hierarchical Databases and DL/I
- Checkpoint and Recovery
- MSC Link
- Intro to the Parallel Sysplex Environment