This course will cover teleprocessing concepts, Message Format Services, IMC control regions and major components, I/O PCB and the difference between on-line and batch message processing. Status codes for IMS programs and the retrieval and sending of messages via the I/O PCB will also be reviewed.
The student should have experience with IMS DB/DC, COBOL or PL/I and TSO/ISPF.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for programmers and programmer/analysts who have a need to develop on-line IMS programs.
- IMS system definition
- Control, message and batch message region environments
- Usage and definition of the I/O PCB
- Options and usage of the alternative PCB
- Service calls for CHECKPOINT and RESTART
- Introduction to Message Format Services (MFS)